Released May 21, 2010.
This cumulative update includes corrected documentation and corrects several bugs in the help functionality and physics interfaces. Update Details.
COMSOL programs are distributed in accordance with U.S. Export Administration regulations. They may be subject to U.S. Export Control laws or other (U.S. and non-U.S.) governmental export and import laws. It is the licensee's responsibility to comply with the latest U.S. or other governmental export or import regulations. Export or import in violation of applicable export control laws is prohibited. If you wish to submit materials to COMSOL in connection with any support request that must be restricted to U.S. persons under applicable export control laws, then you must submit such materials by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The periodic updates are cumulative, meaning the latest update contains all previous updates for version 4.0. The contents of each update are listed below.
18.104.22.1687, Released May 21 2010
This update adds corrected model documentation and addresses software instabilities when using the Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) interface, and when using the difference operation on 3D geometries. The following documentation is updated:
- COMSOL Multiphysics model documentation
- AC/DC Module model documentation
- Acoustics Module model documentation
- Chemical Engineering Module model documentation
- Earth Science Module model documentation
- Heat Transfer Module model documentation
- MEMS Module model documentation
- Structural Mechanics Module model documentation
22.214.171.1249, Released May 5, 2010
- Several failing links and searches in the dynamic help system have been fixed
- COMSOL 4.0 with LiveLink™ for MATLAB® activated now works on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3
- Hardcopy printing from Linux platforms now works
- Stray error messages or program halts when opening certain model-MPH files have been fixed
- Various license checkout issues for certain physics features have been fixed
- Various stability issues and documentation errors have been fixed
- Conductance computation in the Terminal boundary condition has been fixed
- Improved solver default settings for the Electric Currents interface, Frequency Domain
Chemical Species Transport
- The impact of the diffusivity in the Free Flow feature in the Free and Porous Media Flow interface has been corrected
- The plot variable Volatilization in the Solute Transport interface now has the correct sign
- Fluid load is now correctly computed in the Fluid-Structure Interaction interface
- Massless particle tracing now works without error messages
- In the physics interfaces Joule Heating, Induction Heating, and Microwave Heating, the Electromagnetic Heat Source feature has been corrected for the Frequency-transient study type
- A problem with incorrectly computed transmission coefficient for two-port devices of some configurations has been fixed
- The kinematic hardening option in elastoplastic models has been corrected
- The Rigid Connector feature now works for all situations