Global Lightning Protection Services A/S
Global Lightning Protection Services A/S is a Danish consulting engineering firm with expertise in lightning protection and high-voltage engineering. Founded in 2005, our firm aims to develop lightning protection solutions for applications within the power, aerospace, and petrochemical industries. Using our large-scale testing facility, we are able to perform direct and indirect lightning testing and use our results to help industries develop components that offer greater protection and last longer. Our proposed solutions are designed to comply with the most up-to-date industry standards, along with ensuring a short time to market for our customers.
The engineers at Global Lightning Protection Services are experienced users of COMSOL Multiphysics. This knowledge allows us to simulate magnetic and electric fields, the current distribution within complex materials and structures, inductances and capacitances related to high-voltage engineering and lightning protection, and the prediction of lightning attachment points and lightning parameter distribution for complex structures. With the help of simulation software, testing, and analysis, our company has helped to alleviate the issues and damage that can result from lightning strikes and other electromagnetic effects.
Areas of Specialization
We are dedicated to offering guidance and solutions within the following areas:
- High-voltage design engineering for the power industry
- Cables and cable accessories
- Switch gear
- Installations on power plants
- Issues within lightning protection
- Understanding and describing the physics
- Conceptual design
- Custom-designed lightning protection solutions
- Lightning protection of wind turbines
- High-voltage material tests according to international or customer specific standards