Released July 23, 2010.
This update contains several bug fixes for and stability improvements to COMSOL 4.0a.Update Details.
COMSOL programs are distributed in accordance with U.S. Export Administration regulations. They may be subject to U.S. Export Control laws or other (U.S. and non-U.S.) governmental export and import laws. It is the licensee's responsibility to comply with the latest U.S. or other governmental export or import regulations. Export or import in violation of applicable export control laws is prohibited. If you wish to submit materials to COMSOL in connection with any support request that must be restricted to U.S. persons under applicable export control laws, then you must submit such materials by email to: email@example.com.
The periodic updates are cumulative, meaning the latest update contains all previous updates for version 4.0a. The contents of each update are listed below.
184.108.40.2063, Released July 23 2010
- Improved ECAD import
- Several fixes in the dynamic help system and help desk
- Improved automatic scaling during solving
- Manual setting of font sizes now works also for 3D plots
- Various stability issues, and stray error messages have been fixed
- If the error message Assertion Failure is shown, the original mph file is now preserved and can be opened again in the next session
- Current source boundary conditions from models created in COMSOL 3.5a are now loaded correctly
- Thickness is now included correctly when using the Electric Shielding boundary condition
- Force Calculation in the Magnetic and Electric Fields interface has been corrected
- Improved solver default settings for fluid problems
- Mixture model, laminar flow now works correctly and shows no "failed to evaluate expression" error message
- It is now possible to have multiple low-Re interfaces in the same model
- Improved convergence with iterative solvers for turbulence problems
- Stability issue when using radiation groups have been fixed
- Lumped port boundary condition now works correctly in time-dependent studies
- Corrected solver sequence for Microwave Heating
- Loss tangent constitutive relation in the Electromagnetic Waves interface now works correctly
- Electric potential is now correctly solved for by default for eigenfrequency studies using the Piezoelectric Devices interface
- When using the Terminal Feature with the Piezoelectric Devices Interfaces, the solution is no longer multiplied with the frequency.
- Solid Mechanics models with coordinate systems that use Rayleigh damping now work correctly
Batteries and Fuel Cells
- Several improvements in formulations and implementations.
Update Details for the LiveLink for MATLAB Interface
- The function
mphplotnow supports plot groups with a table plot
- The function
mphstartcan create a connection between an already running instance of MATLAB and a COMSOL server